Clinical Educator RN - Prenatal, Per Diem, New Carrollton Regional Admin BLDGHyattsville, Maryland
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Per Diem
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Clinical Educator RN - Prenatal, Per Diem, New Carrollton Regional Admin BLDG
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Serves as a clinical leader and educator for nursing and professional clinical practice. Provides support for implementing and maintaining clinical excellence ensuring clinical standards and competencies of the clinical staff. The Clinical Educator assists nursing practice leaders and the Nursing Professional Development Team with efforts to ensure all processes and systems meet the quality, regulatory, certifying, and licensing standards for nursing and assists with monitoring compliance with those standards. Provides education to both staff and patients.
- Provides clinical instruction, patient education, professional development, mentoring and leadership in a variety of settings, including but not limited to the following: Nursing and clinical assistant orientation, Transition programs for new services, Competency validation. RN residency programs. Preceptor programs, Mentor programs, Student programs, patient programs, and other clinical training as necessary.
- Creatively facilitates the adult learning process by creating an appropriate climate for learning. Emphasizes the development and use of critical thinking skills in order to promote clinical excellence. Provides clinical instruction in the clinical setting as necessary.
- Collaborates with operational leaders to include planning, implementation, promotion, scheduling, instruction, coordination and documentation of the onboarding process and initial and ongoing competencies.
- Provides direction and offers alternate teaching/learning strategies when indicated. Assists in identifying learning needs and formulates goals to improve skill development.
- Develops written communications in preparation for the clinical practice newsletter, external magazines and other venues as appropriate.
- Provides real-time coaching to staff as appropriate and follows-up with formal educational offerings as indicated.
- Participates in regional equipment selection, and ensures staff are educated on new and existing equipment.
- Assures that new employee orientation supports compliance with all regulatory and standards.
- Provides education and classes to our patients/members
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent clinical nursing experience in relevant specialty service Perioperative services, Emergency department, Obstetrics, Oncology/Chemotherapy infusion or Ambulatory nursing.
- Masters degree in nursing or related field required (or current enrollment in a graduate program).
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) AND Registered Nurse License (Maryland)
- Compact License: Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia)
- Experience in and understanding of health care delivery in an ambulatory setting required.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively with a variety of departments and leadership levels.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service attitudes, including a can do approach.
- Must be able to independently problem-solve and develop creative solutions.
- Must be a champion for innovation and change.
- Supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Experience in Patient Education
- Certified in area of expertise (as posted)
- Experience in managed care setting preferred.
- Health care consulting experience preferred.
- Understanding of nursing regulatory and scope of practice requirements strongly preferred.
- Experience in policy and/or nursing competency development strongly preferred.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience in prenatal/maternal child education.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.