Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Undergraduate Intern, Project AnalystLocation: Hyattsville, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 863766 Date posted: 02/05/2020
Summer 2020 Internship
National Facilities Services is responsible for the full life-cycle management of the facilities that are leased and owned by Kaiser Permanente. This ranges from Real Estate acquisition to planning to construction and includes engineering, maintenance, security, housekeeping and other property management functions. The department is engaged in several 2-year Goal Teams that are aimed at improving certain aspects of our operation. Each Goal Team has a leader champion and a multi-disciplinary team of managers and staff. The 5 teams are focusing on 1) lean thinking culture 2) data driven operation 3) culture change 4) standardizing processes and 5) role clarity.The selected intern will support one or more of the Goal Team champions in designing and developing tools and systems that are a result of the Goal Teams' deliberations. This may include designing KPI dashboards or online systems for easy access to policies and procedures. The selected intern will become a member of the Goals Teams and have the opportunity to contribute ideas based on their background or training.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Liberal Arts or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.