EKG Technician II - ON CALL
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Greets patients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepares patient for and performs a variety of cardiac monitoring and testing procedures (Including but not limited to: EKG, event monitor, holter, stress tests).
- Explains and answers questions regarding equipment function and procedures.
- Utilizes correct lead placement for the various cardiac monitoring devices/procedures.
- Prepares EKG tracing and other cardiac test results for interpretation indicating the required information (Name, age, MRN, etc.).
- Performs department workflow for gathering test results, editing, distribution to physicians for interpretation, record keeping, provider messages, and other paperwork as assigned.
- Able to perform computer data entry and retrieval.
- As requested, responds to all acute emergency situations.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Initiates work tickets as per department workflow.
- Performs routine cleaning/maintenance of cardiac equipment as per department workflow and infection control policy.
- Ability to operate complex specialty equipment.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area.
- Answers telephone and relays messages.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Assists providers with access to the various cardiac monitor reports.
- By location: perform holter scanning, participate in pacemaker clinics, regular and nuclear stress testing, assist with monitoring cardiac rehab patients.
- Train and/or orient personnel as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Pay Grade: 23
• Completion of a basic arrhythmia training course and one (1) year (in the last three (3) years) performing EKGs.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience as an EKG Tech in non-invasive cardiology procedures within the last three (3) years.
License, Certification, Registration
• AHA BLS.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and report artifacts and basic dysrhythmias.
• Preferred experience performing treadmills.
• Position may also take call on weekends.
• This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.