The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Lactation Consultant OC RNLocation: Irvine, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 788532 Date posted: 07/10/2019
- Develops, coordinates, & evaluates programs to meet regulatory requirements & organizational, departmental, & discipline specific needs
- Designs, develops, & coordinates activities for continuing professional education for staff
- Collaborates w/ consultants to develop special projects in professional education, development, & learning
- Communicates & markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, & based on identified/assessed needs
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed projects
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget; serves as expert resource to staff & departments in defining & meeting educational, clinical, quality & cost outcomes & performance measures
- Develops, implements, monitors, & evaluates/improves the orientation, cross training & education/competency processes/systems for clinical staff
- Responds to corporate & industry changes in clinical practice & professional education & provides necessary training, education & development which improves organizational performance
- Ensures compliance & documentation of organizational records based on regulatory agency standards
- Previous teaching experience required OR previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical service area (usually two (2) - five (5) years)
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or mother-baby
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (four (4) years) in education required
- BSN preferred
- Current California RN license required
- Completion of a Board Certified Lactation Consultant program with the intent to complete and receive the state license by November 30th (state exam is only offered in July of each year) required.
- Master's degree preferred
- CPR instructor preferred
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE), preferred
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), preferred
- BLS and PALS, preferred
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding education
- Adult learning knowledge required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills
- Computer literacy required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
- Strong customer service skills, preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.