Medical Assistant (Bilingual Mandarin)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed health care providers following established clinical protocols, policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Assists assigned physician(s) and/or other health care professional(s).
- Performs routine clerical functions as assigned (i.e. making appointments, chart management, telephone calls, etc).
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by physician order and in accordance w/ KP guidelines.
- Assists medical personnel w/ procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Establishes and maintains systems for patient test results and follow-up.
- Provides basic information and assistance to patients under the direction of licensed personnel.
- Documents pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and patient responses, following established guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations w/ members, staff and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Internal Bidding Period: 09/02/2021 to 09/08/2021
Pay Grade 24
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid BLS card.
• Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant or completion of accredited Medical Assistant program.
Bilingual (Mandarin) Level II
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in medical assisting within the last five (5) years preferred.
• Computer and typing skills.
- Hours and days may vary based on clinic need.
- May work weekends and/or multiple locations based on clinic need.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.