Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
NP II / PA II - OrthopedicsLocation: Irvine, CA Job Number: 910522 Date posted: 11/18/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum one (1) year experience unless specified by department, as an NP or PA.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program OR graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program.
- NP Only: Master's degree in nursing (effective 1/1/03 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
- Current California Physician Assistant License or current California Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- NP Only: Current California RN License.
- NP Only: Current California Furnishing Number.
- Maintain current national certification from approved organizations (American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) or National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants appropriate to education and department (must be obtained from NCCPA for initial state PA license, need not be maintained, for those not previously grandfathered in prior to 1/1/2001 by CMS).
- Current American Heart Association BLS card.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Willing to consider Nurse Practitioner job code 50159.
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP or PA, the California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- The probationary period would also be extended from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- Current DEA Registration Number.
Min 1 year experience in Orthopedic Trauma care, reduction experience, splinting/casting.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!