Manager Ambulatory Care Department RN, Ophthalmology (Irwindale)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages the delivery of nursing services and out-patient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members physicians and internal clients needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Manages, coordinates service delivery and/or programs assigned to assistant manager(s).
- With SCPMG staff develops strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care.
- Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care across the continuum of care.
- Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating/improving patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and manages budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides on going staff development.
- Develops, implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals/business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum three (3) years of healthcare supervisory experience or other related clinical area experience.
- Minimum one (1) year as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. ADA RN, JC 06066 or Non RN, JC 06020)
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.ORA current incumbent in job code 06060 (Manager Ambulatory Care Dept RN).
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire OR Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.