The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Behavioral Health RNLocation: Jonesboro, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 780648 Date posted: 03/25/2019
- Point of contact for Advice Call Center.
- In basket management.
- Assists physician with medical assessment intake and follow-up of clients.
- Collects information from client and family for medical and social histories.
- Kp.org messaging.
- Provides urgent care as needed fro patients requiring hospitalization.
- Assist in group therapy as needed.
- HEDIS outreach calls.
- Participates in the development of treatment plan for clients as part of the case management team.
- Maintains knowledge of nursing practice acts and the legalities of nursing.
- Conducts didactic lectures for clients and families as required.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Participates in staff development programs, workshops and seminars as required.
- Represents Kaiser Permanente and Outpatient Specialty at outside functions as assigned.
- Takes vital signs.
- Enters orders for lab tests and places PPDs per nursing standing orders, signed by Behavioral Health physician.
- Administers breathalyzer.
- Collects urine specimens.
- Administer withdrawal rating scales.
- Assists in triage per guidelines (determination of treatment settings).
- Assists with coordination of care with PCP or hospital when necessary.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in Behavioral Health, Psychiatry, or Psychology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum one (1) year of counseling experience in an addictive disease treatment setting is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (BSN).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.