Pediatric Echo Technician - PRN
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Perform cardiac ultrasound examinations such as 2D echo, and other echocardiographic tests of pediatric patients as requested by referring physicians. Independently perform echocardiogram on pediatric and adult patients with congenital heart disease and communicate pertinent and detailed findings with reading physician.
- Obtains pertinent clinical information from patient, medical chart, and/or physician using accepted standard techniques.
- Communicates purpose and procedures related to the ultrasound test to the guardians and/or patient and comforts/reassures guardians and/or patient about the examination.
- Performs 2D echo, Doppler, and other echocardiographic examinations to provide anatomic and physiologic data for physician's review.
- Notifies physician of patient distress and/or severe abnormal readings.
- Provides assistance and training in the Echocardiograph Laboratory and maintains appropriate training documentation materials.
- Participates in the development of effective Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) activities to improve quality of care.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in pediatric ultrasound procedures/equipment, CW Doppler, and related anatomy/pathological conditions of and related to the heart required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduated from an accredited ultrasound school.
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer Certificate OR Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer Pediatric Echocardiogram Certificate
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate
- Knowledge of current accepted Echocardiography principles, practices, and techniques, including cardiac anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology required.
- Ability to analyze severity/importance of findings and respond to or report findings accurately and appropriately.
- Fetal experience preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest