Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Registered Dietitian Weight ManagementLocation: Jonesboro, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 825411 Date posted: 09/04/2019
- Develops and implements a plan of care based on assessment of nutritional status and needs of an individual referred PCP, internal or external specialist, or network practitioner.
- Provides on-going education and counseling to members in an individual and/or group setting.
- Evaluates individual outcomes for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and adjusts plan of care as needed.
- Documents all encounters in the medical record.
- Functions as a specialty team member by providing MNT in coordination with the total care of member (e.g., works with Cardiovascular Disease Team-CVD team and with Behavioral Health and Endocrinology in the assessment and preparation of member for possible bariatric surgery).
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and medical information.
- Develops and implements classes as deemed appropriate.
- Develops educational materials, nutrition assessment tools, and policy and procedures as needed.
- Assesses the nutrition component of materials and classes offered by member health education.
- Provides in-services to practitioners and staff.
- Engages in community outreach and education working closely with Health Education, Workplace Wellness, Marketing, Community Relations and to provide this service.
- Partners with other members of Prevention and Health Promotion.
- Serves on relevant committees and task forces.
- Acts as an expert resource for nutrition information and serves as editor/writer for nutrition related articles both for KP internal sources and for outside sources.
- Instructs members as needed in the use of glucose meters.
- Contact members monthly who are identified as having newly discovered pre diabetes working from a Pre Diabetes IPM list (from Healthy Solutions) and work the Nutrition Referral Pool to determine how best to meet the needs of those referred to Nutrition services.
- Two (2) years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian.
- Experience with chronic disease management especially diabetes mellitus.
- Bachelor's (BS) degree in nutrition/dietetics or in home economics with a nutrition/dietetics emphasis.
- Practicum as part of the degree or internship following completion of degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD) with American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- Current Licensed Dietitian (LD) with the state of GA.
- Current Certified Diabetes Educator or will obtain certification within three years of hire.
- Broad base/general knowledge of nutrition principles across the life cycle.
- Able to assess and interpret lab results.
- Two (2)+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.