Technician II, Surgical Scrub
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Preceptor of all new technicians, providing training on new equipment and patient care services. Assists in the ongoing process of healthcare delivery to patients incorporating age related and developmental specific requirements. Provides technical skills assisting surgeon and operating surgical equipment in a safe efficient manner.
- Pre Surgery: Set up surgical equipment, instruments and sterile supplies and make sure the equipment works properly. Prepares patient for surgery by shaving, washing and disinfecting incision areas. Assists in transfer of patients to the operating room and helps to position them on the operating table.
- Intraoperatively: Pass instruments and sterile supplies to the surgeon and surgical assistant. Helps to keep track of needles, sponges, instruments and supplies. Cuts sutures and holds retractors. Manage specimens taken for analysis.
- Postop: Help transport patients to recovery area. Prepares instruments for sterilization. Clean the operating room and restock it with supplies. Prepares for operating room for next case.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience scrubbing in an OR setting
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduation from a recognized Surgical Technologist Program required.
- Surgical Technologist Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in the OR assisting with cataract and glaucoma surgeries.
- (CST) Certified Surgical Technologist, (NCCT) National Center for Competency Testing preferred.