Medical Technologist Laboratory -PRN
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Analytic: Performs requested laboratory tests and special analysis, such as proficiency testing, correlation studies or other, according to established laboratory and Medical Office policies and procedures. Prioritizes laboratory testing and other duties appropriately to assure optimal efficiency and timely reporting of laboratory results according to policy standards. Utilizes quality control procedures according to established procedures and takes appropriate action for Out of Control results. Documents QC appropriately. Recognizes trends, bias, shifts or other unexpected patterns and takes appropriate action. Review record for compliance. Performs calibration or calibration verification as needed. Operates and maintains equipment. Performs routine safety checks and preventive maintenance on instruments according to procedures and manufacturers recommendations on a consistent, timely basis to insure optimal operation and minimal downtime. Recognizes when any component of the testing system is not performing optimally and performs troubleshooting procedures as warranted on equipment, reagents and procedures in an efficient manner that maintains testing schedules. Refers problems beyond his/her scope of practice to Manager, Assistant Manager, Assistant Supervisor or Medical Laboratory Scientist II.
- Pre-analytic: Receives electronic and manual orders for tests to be performed. Receives and/or obtains specimens, assisting with collections, and processing when the workload warrants. Assumes responsibility for assuring collection of adequate and acceptable samples for analysis.
- Post-analytic: Responsible for timely release of patient results. Communicates with reference lab to confirm results, specimen disposition and to order supplies. Exercises independent judgment in determining whether test results are released, repeated, or referred for review. Consults with Manager, Assistant Manager, Assistant Supervisor or Medical Laboratory Scientist II when necessary.
- Administrative: Assists with workload recording and inventory control. Responsible for monitoring and resolving pending lists per policy. Responds appropriately to provider and clinical staff inquiries. Supports clinical point of care testing by facilitating issue resolution. Participates in department/facility meetings, conference calls, continuing education/in-services. Participates in orientation and training of new employees. Makes recommendations for improvements to the Manager, Assistant Manager, or Assistant Supervisor. Assumes responsibility for day-to-day operations of laboratory, including directing and supporting the collections, and accessioning/processing areas, in absence of Manager, Assistant Manager, Assistant Supervisor or Medical Laboratory Scientist II. Participates in state/internal inspections, prepared to answer questions, or produce documents. Responsible for compliance with information communicated in Laboratory newsletters.
- Minimum one (1) year of post registration MT/MLS experience.
- Bachelors degree and/or MT/MLS Registration or equivalent documentation from the state of Georgia.
- GA Dept HR CLIA MT MLT Grnfthr OR Medical Lab Technician Certificate OR Medical Technologist Certificate OR American Medical Technologists Registered Medical Assistant Certificate OR Microbiology Technologist Certificate OR American Board of Bioanalysts Medical Technologist Certificate OR American Medical Technologist Medical Technologist Certificate OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- BLS Certification NOT required for employees working at Dekalb Tech Central Lab (ONLY).
- Able to work independently.
- Able to demonstrate good customer service skill.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills i.e. history of positive working relationships.
- Able to demonstrate dependability i.e. history of punctuality and good attendance.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Bachelors degree in medical technology OR four (4) years of experience in related health science.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest