Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Appointment/Registration Cashier ClerkLocation: Kailua Kona, HI Additional Locations:
Waimea Medical Offices 67-1185 Mamalahoa Hwy., 67-1185 Mamalahoa Hwy., Kamuela,Hawaii, 96743 Job Number: 732295 Date posted: 09/18/2018
- Service patients, members, and visitors; acknowledges them in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains general knowledge of current health plan/non plan policies and coverage in accordance w/established Regional standards&communications; keeps abreast of all changes regarding health plan benefits; verifies health plan and/or non-plan financial status; checks for delinquent accounts; informs patient&refers to appropriate area; explains provisions of annual co-payment maximum, coinsurance and/or deductibles policies to patients/customers.
- Maintains general knowledge of current Regional cash handling&SOX compliance related polices/procedures and communications; keeps abreast of all changes; applies knowledge to all cashiering and cash handling functions; follows all policies and procedures to ensure safety and accountability of organization's financial resources.
- Obtains, extends, computes, and verifies variety of charges pertaining to services rendered, health plan dues, and medications etc; receives cash, check, or credit card for payment; verifies information is accurate on all checks; assures valid authorization is received for all credit card payments; validates checks and credit slips; issues receipts accordingly.
- Investigates resolves or follows-up on complaints and customer service issues; refers difficult problems to lead or supervisor. Operates computerized cashiering system by entering transactions to post appropriate charges for services and supplies. Refunds customers for overpayments of various services within authorized limits; assures all appropriate documents and signatures are obtained; enters refunds in computerized cashiering system.
- Enters adjustments in computerized cashiering system for services rendered according to established guidelines. reconciles supporting documents to appropriate GL's; balances monies, checks, credit card charge drafts daily against cash jacket report and/or transaction reports. Reconciles and resolves any discrepancies; reports to lead or supervisor as appropriate.
- Prepares and processes bank deposits. Prepares and logs deposits for armored car pick up. Orders routine bank deposit supplies for cashiering area; orders and maintains change fund; buys and sells change from department cashiers; resolves any discrepancies. Compiles data and information for special and routine reports, studies, and statistics as requested. Uses up-to-date charge schedules and price lists for use in calculating charges and quoting estimates.
- Operates current office equipment&other cash related equipment; assures all equipment in cashiering area are operating in an acceptable manner; assesses status of equipment malfunctions; resolves when appropriate; reports any unresolved problems appropriately and notifies lead or supervisor.
- Serves as clerical resource and contact person to staff as appropriate; collaborates with team to ascertain and coordinate team and individual concerns and issues; collaborates and assists with team, leadership and other committees as appropriate to design, plan, coordinate, and implement process improvements; identifies and resolves issues around improvement as appropriate; recommends ideas and suggestions to improve operation of area.
- Receives incoming and intra-office calls; ascertains need; directs to proper individual or location; takes messages; provides limited non-confidential information; maintains contact with other facilities and support departments. resolves basic problems; assists with difficult problems when necessary; refers to lead/supervisor after all appropriate alternatives are exhausted; notifies supervisor of process problems/issues that need attention; assists with patient complaints; collaborates with lead/supervisor to develop operational strategies.
- Performs variety of duties pertaining to patient appointments; ascertains patient's need for routine appointments and schedules appointments according to need or under direction of medical staff; refers to medical staff as appropriate; completes appointment process; enters/updates pertinent patient appointment and registration data in computer; verifies patients' insurance eligibility; captures appropriate guarantor and coverage information as appropriate; provides accurate information to enable accurate collections of funds; notifies members of rescheduled or cancelled appointments; compiles data and information for special and routine reports, studies and statistics as requested.
- Assures departmental and organizational quality of service standards are upheld; works with lead/supervisor in identifying potential and existing barriers to maintaining standards. requests or requisitions material or supplies; ensures adequate inventory; assures all clerical equipment in area is operating in acceptable manner; reports malfunctions to appropriate party; follows appropriate procedure for repair within limits of authority; implements corrective measures, enhancements or modifications as instructed.
- One (1) year customer service/sales, public relations or related experience.
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, interpersonal relations, detailoriented, problem solving, adaptability, teamwork, conflict resolution, systems thinking, and prioritization & multi-tasking.
- Type 40 wpm or Type 35 wpm and obtain passing score on Windows navigation test.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Appointment registration and scheduling experience. Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare and insurance benefits.
- Post high school coursework - medical terminology.
- Preferred - Demonstrated ability to balance drawer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in any one of word processing, spreadsheet, or database PC applications.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.