Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
General Maintenance Worker ILocation: Kailua Kona, HI Additional Locations:
Kona Medical Offices II 74-517 Honokohau St., 74-517 Honokohau St., Kailua Kona,Hawaii, 96740
Kona Medical Offices III 74-517 Honokohau St., 74-517 Honokohau St., Kailua Kona,Hawaii, 96740 Job Number: 850429 Date posted: 02/26/2020
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of fabrication, maintenance, repair and installation duties. Ensures adequate and suitable operation of equipment, machinery, tools and/or construction. Assists in training.
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other facilities of organization. Ensures proper and satisfactory operation and use. Utilizes various skills (e.g., plumbing, mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal and masonry).
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance situations.
- Collaborates with assigned subordinates on various assignments.
- Assists in training of other general maintenance workers and staff in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards, including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover, gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools). Changes ethylene oxide tanks and other medical gases. Performs gas leakage testing at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Two (2) years general maintenance or related experience.
- Post high school coursework at trade school; or equivalent combination of education (lesser)&experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated skill in one trade craft.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Associate's degree in technical field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.