Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
On-Call Mammography Technologist SeniorLocation: Kailua Kona, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 732641 Date posted: 09/27/2018
Under direct & indirect supervision, performs mammography examinations w/physician supervision; maintains responsibility for monitoring & quality control of all mammographic studies.
- Completes patient history/breast assessment form & transmits form into the Radiology PACS system.
- Performs mammography studies & procedures. Positions patients, applies compression, & provides immobilization means & patient counseling as required. Selects technical factors & protocols that result in optimum imaging for each individual patient. Reviews orders w/peers & consults w/attending Radiologists as needed. Maintains daily records of exams performed. May perform stereotactic biopsy procedures. Supports the Mobile Health Vehicle as needed.
- Follows all National Patient Safety Goals. Receives & double identifies patients using appropriate criteria prior to performing the study ordered. Ensures accuracy of information & data entry, while maintaining patient privacy & confidentiality. Captures required documentation in Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Prepares sterile fields as required & directed; prepares floor stock medications; ensures sterility of surgical packs, trays & disposables to be used in assigned area. Maintains appropriate & adequate supplies during the procedures. Remains proficient in performing breast localizations as pre-biopsy procedure; remains proficient in performing stereotactic breast biopsy if applicable.
- Assists radiologist during exams & procedures as needed; capturing specific mammography images & assisting w/biopsy specimen collection. Operates & understands all features & performance capabilities of the mammography systems: performs system quality control (QC) as required. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge for all quality control tests to include daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & semi-annual testing; performs quality control tests when assigned.
- Post processes & performs quality control (QC) of mammography images as required; prepares images for Radiologist interpretation, & transmittals images to the Diagnostic Imaging PACS system.
- Maintains high level of image quality & adheres to protocols & standards; serves as resource regarding same to teach & train others.
- Maintains working knowledge of all dept equipment & devices. Reports equipment malfunctions appropriately.
- Monitors & assures prompt, efficient patient flow w/minimal waiting time; provides assistance during patient schedule conflicts; advises receptionists as to appropriate schedule revisions & assures efficient patient flow.
- Assumes responsibilities for the needs of patient during procedure. Provides fear/stress reducing service oriented communication w/patient; explaining procedure; answering questions; providing encouragement. Emphasizes a personalized, individualized, compassionate patient care atmosphere at all times. Dismisses patients for transport &/or assists w/patient transport at end of procedure.
- Provides instructions on appropriate safety measures to patients, family members, & hospital staff as required; ensures appropriate safety precautions are followed. Applies appropriate measures (ALARA Principles) for minimizing radiation exposure. Captures & records radiation dose delivered during the procedure.
- Functions as part of resuscitation team during Code Blue &/or Rapid Response Team situations.
- Orients & trains (mentors) new personnel regarding subsection operations as needed.
- Maintains all materials needed & linen supply on daily basis; maintains general order & cleanliness of room assigned.
- Pursues ongoing continuing education.
- Attends departmental meetings &/or in-service presentations as needed or required. Reads & initials minutes of such meetings when excused absence precludes attendance.
- Minimum one (1) year of general radiology experience as a registered technologist, including experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post- hire, or on -the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Minimum two (2) years (4,160 hours) of mammography experience.
- Associate's degree in radiologic technology; OR two (2) years of directly related experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii Radiologic Technologist license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Registered Mammography Technologist (RT) (M) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.