Nurse Practitioner Primary CareKailua-Kona, Hawaii
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Nurse Practitioner Primary Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides direct nursing care by utilizing advanced scientific knowledge, nursing theory and skills to assess, plan, and implement appropriate health and nursing care to patients, in addition to performing registered nursing functions. Provides indirect nursing care. Plans, guides, evaluates, and directs nursing care given by other personnel associated with the health care team. Teaches and counsels individuals or groups. Utilizes theories and skills to increase communication and knowledge among all members of health care team. Serves as a consultant and resource of advanced nursing knowledge and skills to those involved directly or indirectly in patient care. Participates in joint and periodic evaluation of services rendered.
- Evaluates physical and psychosocial health status of the patient through a comprehensive health history and physical examination, using skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation, and using or ordering diagnostic instruments or procedures that are basic to nursing evaluation of physical signs and symptoms.
- Assesses normal and abnormal findings from history, physical examination, and diagnostic reports.
- Diagnoses patients health status and health care issues.
- Oversees and directs nursing, medical and clerical personnel in provision of patient care.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates care.
- Consults with patient, support systems, and members of health care team to provide for acute and ongoing health care or referral of patient.
- Manages plan of care prescribed for patient.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents, and other health and nursing care reports.
- Develops individualized teaching plans with patient based on overt and covert health needs.
- Counsels individuals, families, and groups about health and illness and promotion of health maintenance.
- Recognizes, develops, and implements professional and community educational programs related to health care.
- Participates in periodic and joint evaluation of services rendered.
- Conducts research and analyzes health needs of individuals and populations and designs programs which target at-risk groups and cultural and environmental factors which foster health and prevent illness.
- Participates in policy analysis and development of new policy initiatives in the area of practice specialty.
- Contributes to development, maintenance, and change of health care delivery systems to improve quality of health care services and consumer access to services.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Masters degree in nursing in relevant field of specialty.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service, conflict resolution, counseling, problem solving, decision making, oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, adaptability, change management, results orientation, and teamwork.
- Nurse Practitioner experience in specialty area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Valid Hawaii APRN Recognition with Prescriptive Authority (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii state APRN prescriptive authority).
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.