Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Licensed Social WorkerLocation: Kailua, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774213 Date posted: 02/28/2019
Provides social work services including assessment, care planning, and case coordination to patients and their families. Provides consultation to staff and other health care providers. Initiates social work plan of care. Serves as liaison between Kaiser Permanente and community to integrate services, coordinate care for clients, and enhance relationships through public relations activities.
- Prepares and evaluates assessments, development and implementation of social work service plans. Provides psychosocial assessment, diagnostic impressions, treatment of individuals/couples/families/groups, prevention of psychosocial dysfunction/disability/impairment including emotional/mental/behavioral disorders, and evaluation of practice effectiveness. Applies knowledge base, theoretical concepts, specific functional skills, and essential social values used to effect change in human behavior, emotional responses, and social conditions. Helps enhance or restore personal and social functioning.
- Performs case management, coordination, casework intervention, and monitoring of social work service plans in areas of personal, social, or economic resources, conditions, or problems. Provides information, resource identification and referral services, mediation services, advocacy services, and education of individuals, groups, couples, and families. Coordinates services and assures patient's placement in an appropriate setting.
- Assists with administration, development, implementation, and evaluation of social work programs and policies. Conducts social work consultation and resource development. Plans for and participates in development activities to keep abreast of current trends in medical social work. Participates in performance improvement. Implements Quality Improvement processes. Assists with development and implementation of department's annual work-plan. Performs clinical record audits. Maintains educational record and provides evidence of competency.
- Conducts research through formal design/methodology of data collection and analysis/evaluation of data, social work programs, social systems, and social policies. Documents according to departmental standards, Federal and State regulations. Assures medical record documentation.
- Participates in departmental functions such as staff meetings, staff in-services, and committees, as assigned. Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Master's degree in social work.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii Social Worker license (LSW) or Clinical Social Worker license (LCSW) (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification upon hire.
- Minimum one (1) year of social work experience.
- Health care experience working with medical diagnoses.
- Demonstrated ability in networking with community agencies.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.