Celebrating Mind, Body and Smile
Join the team that's been practicing outstanding dental care in the Pacific Northwest for more than 40 years and see what a difference comprehensive, coordinated care can make.
Dental HygienistLocation: Keizer, OR Additional Locations:
Eastmoreland Dental Offices 5025 SE 28th Ave., 5025 SE 28th Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97202
Grand Avenue Dental Offices 1314 NE Grand Ave., 1314 NE Grand Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97232
North Interstate Services Building 7201 N. Interst, 7201 N. Interstate Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97217
North Lancaster Dental Offices 2300 NE Lancaster D, 2300 NE Lancaster Dr., Salem,Oregon, 97305
Skyline Dental Offices 5135 S. Skyline Rd., 5135 S. Skyline Rd., Salem,Oregon, 97306 Job Number: 870841 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- Provide direct patient oral hygiene care for program members, including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, and/or therapeutic dental treatment restorative services.
- Data collection and documentation pertaining to patients' oral health in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction and education.
- Maintain a work area appropriate to a clinical environment in compliance with environmental health and safety standards.
- Support other office functions during down time, ensuring a level of cooperation and positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program with a minimum of an associate's degree in applied science.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon OR Washington Dental Hygiene license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Local anesthesia endorsement (Oregon Dental Hygiene license only - this endorsement is included in the Washington State Dental Hygiene license) required upon hire/transfer.
- Alloy polishing credentials.*
- Denture relines credentials.*
- Place and finish restoration credentials.*
- Nitrous oxide credentials and equipment knowledge.*
- * Required by state of Washington.
- X-ray equipment - Daily.
- Ultrasonic scalers - Daily for deposit removal.
- Handpieces - Daily for polishing teeth and fillings.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Pit & fissure experience.
- Local anesthesia experience.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dental Support Careers
Dental Support Careers
Kaiser Permanente Dental is unique to the Northwest and offers many locations in the Portland metro area, Salem, Eugene, Vancouver, and Longview. One of the largest group dental practices in the country, we share an organization-wide commitment to delivering individualized, proactive, and integrated care. Here you will find opportunities for dental support careers, including dental assistants and hygienists.
Are you a dentist? Learn more about opportunities for Dentists & Physicians.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
October 29, 2019
"Awesome opportunities to work at the top of your license"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years
Lots of opportunities to do full patient care in a number of specialties. This includes clinic, hospital, on-call, OR 1st assist, and rounding on hospitalized patients. Many procedures done in clinic can be done by PAs. Multiple specialties, so you can potentially shift from one to another. Pay and benefits are good, Collaborative practice between specialties coordinated through the electronic medical record. Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.