The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LPN - Primary Care (Keizer Station Medical Offices)Location: Keizer, OR Additional Locations:
North Lancaster Medical Offices 2400 NE Lancaster, 2400 NE Lancaster Dr., Salem,Oregon, 97305
West Salem Medical Offices 1160 NW Wallace Rd., 1160 NW Wallace Rd., Salem,Oregon, 97304 Job Number: 753567 Date posted: 12/13/2018
- Prepares & organizes patient's office visit from known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g., diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside reports, etc.) & order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time
- Perform focused/limited nursing assessment & triage on routine or self-limiting medical conditions as directed by RN/clinician. Recognize when to defer to and/or assist w/comprehensive assessment for complex medical conditions by RN/clinician
- Utilizes standardized tools (e.g., PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify & address health maintenance/care gaps w/patient & alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention
- Recognize signs & symptoms of common & routine medical conditions/illnesses, abnormal verses new/existing & implements planned nursing & medical interventions as delegated by RN/clinician
- Contribute to the development, implementation or modification of the individualized patient's plan of care under the direction of the RN/clinician
- Prepares patient for actual visit/procedure prior to clinician's exam during rooming-in process
- Assures exam/procedures room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms & educational materials are available & ready for using during visit/procedure. Checks equipment are in safe working order & cleans room after use
- Provides health teaching/education or advice on routine or self-limiting medical conditions, procedures, tests, surgeries, self-injections, etc
- Utilize standardized tools determine patient's level of engagement in self-care as directed by RN
- Used KP HealthConnect & information systems to document all pertinent data & outcomes of nursing care according to standardized procedures & policies such as & not limited to the use of SBAR, SOAP or APIE, KP HealthConnect smarttools, etc. Update demographic/historical clinical data gathered in electronic medical records
- Perform diagnostic test, therapies & procedures within scope of practice competently & w/maintenance of proficiency according to: a)specific department standards on core clinical tasks (see department's list of core skills); b) application of knowledge & skills appropriate to development age of patient; and c) established policies such as & not limited to patient safety, aseptic & sterile techniques & infection control
- Current LPN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within 6 months of hire.
- AHA Health Care Provider level CPR certification
- Demonstrated clinical nursing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills (Assessment required for external candidates)
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated literacy in using computers and keyboarding
- Skills in problem-solving, setting priorities and using good judgment for decisions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in assigned department's clinical area (e.g., Pediatrics, FP/IM, OB/Gyn, Surgery, Allergy, Dermatology, Urology, etc.) within an ambulatory care setting
- IV therapy experience or recent certification
- Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system
- Current working knowledge & clinical skills in providing routine care, education & advice in assigned department's clinical area OR successful completion of appropriate competencies for assigned primary/specialty care department
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.