Clinical Supervisor - Acute Care Clinic - Clinical Decision Unit - Urgent Care - Nights FT (Kennesaw)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides direct supervision and coaching for Health plan staff working 12 hour shifts, covering 24 hours per day 7 days per week within the Acute care center (ACC) and the clinical decision unit (CDU) or facility, working with the ACC/CDU manager, the lead ACC physician, and MOA, to create high performance teams, providing integrated and coordinated care that delights our customers leading to loyalty and retention. Collaborates with the ACC/CDU Manager, the Lead ACC physician, and MOA in managing the health care team(s) financial performance, staffing and resource allocation within defined parameters that enhances the overall performance of the team, facility, and organization. Ensures the delivery of high quality care and service 24 hours per 7 days per week, which meets defined standards and consistent compliance with clinical guidelines and processes optimizing operational excellence.
- Assists in the facilitation and building of self-directed teams, by demonstrating effective team management skills (negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring, coaching, giving and receiving feedback).
- Assists in the development and monitoring of team/facility budgets and financial performance using quantitative information to manage and make decisions that enhance the teams, facility and organizational performance.
- Expresses self clearly and communicates timely and accurate information both in one to one interactions and groups, allowing for flow of information. Plans, coordinates, and facilitates facility and/or team meetings with the Lead MD.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of team members that meet the clinical and behavioral parameters of a high performance team. Coordinates selection process and orientation and training of new health care team members.
- Manages team conflict effectively, fostering collaboration and resolution.
- Makes timely, ethical, and firm business and clinical decisions.
- Evaluates team members, receiving team input and participation to provide timely and specific feedback and counseling, which improves performance and staff development, conforming with regional policy and procedures. Develops individual goals and action plans for achievement, against established performance standards. Coordinates performance review process with Lead MD and serves as the liaison for input to performance from those outside of the health care team.
- Case management for patients which requires coordination with QRM, other providers, social workers, community and other alternative care interventions.
- Documents patient history and interventions, using computerized and electronic systems and processes to optimize patient care delivery.
- Ensures customer concerns are resolved by self and the team, integrating changes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical knowledge and judgment, incorporating continuous learning for self and the team that enhances delivery of care and maintains clinical competence.
- Values diversity, fostering respect, appreciation, and inclusion of diversity within the team and in the delivery of culturally sensitive care.
- Collaborates with clinical educators in identifying and meeting the educational requirements of the team, ensuring incorporation.
- Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Principles of Responsibility; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and applicable accreditation standard.
- Manages systems and processes that support patient flow and care provided by the practitioners.
- Ensures that clinical nursing quality and competencies are maintained per standard.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance standards are met to include: DHR, QI, EHS, HIPAA, NCQA and HEDIS.
- In collaboration with Health Ed, Nutrition, coordinate appropriate services and their availability to the patient panel meeting their needs as driven by patient data.
- Provide support and back-up Manager functions in the absence of the Manager.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanentes policies and procedures.
- Your access to protected health information (PHI) will be limited to the minimum necessary required to effectively perform your job.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, you will be accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Promise, and specific departmental/organizational initiatives. You also will be accountable to consistently demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in managing patients and families with complex medical, psycho/social problems.
- Associates degree or higher in a related field.
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Demonstrated strong clinical knowledge base and judgment.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience in teaching/education.
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and use quantitative data information in making business decisions and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and manage budgets and capitated agreements.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience, in an ambulatory setting preferred.
- Demonstrated strong clinical knowledge base and judgment, in an ambulatory/ER care setting preferred.
- Emergency Room and/ or Ambulatory Care nursing experience and/or supervision.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
- Bachelors degree (BSN).
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest