Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Sterile Processing TechnicianLocation: Kensington, MD Additional Locations:
Shady Grove Medical Center 1396 Piccard Dr., 1396 Piccard Dr., Rockville,Maryland, 20850
Gaithersburg Medical Office 655 Watkins Mill Rd., 655 Watkins Mill Rd., Gaithersburg,Maryland, 20879 Job Number: 863946 Date posted: 02/11/2020
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments and equipment; assembles, wraps (as applicable) and sterilizes trays of instruments, scopes and other medical equipment.
- Monitors biological and chemical solutions to ensure consistency and quality decontamination of instruments, scopes and equipment.
- Makes instruments, scopes and equipment available to end users on schedule.
- Coordinates instrument, scope and equipment needs with the Operating Room, Clinics and other end users.
- Works in conjunction with on-site Materials Management representatives to maintain par levels, submit ordering requisitions.
- Verifies sterilization, washing and decontamination equipment is functioning properly.
- Maintains sterilization records per department protocol.
- Assists with instrument tracking of repairs and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
May Require to travel for Coverage
- Two (2) years of experience as instrument processing technician in an ambulatory surgery setting required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician or Certified Sterile Processing&Distribution Technician (CSPDT) required.
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and sterilization methods required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Knowledgeable about the AAMI standards and regulations.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak and see required.
- Hospital setting experience preferred.
- Completion of central supply technology course preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.