Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Prepares and cooks, in large quantities, food for service to patients, guests, cafeteria and catering including scratch cooking from basic ingredients, garnished in an attractive manner.
- Minimum two (2) years hospital, institutional, or restaurant cooking experience to include food preparation.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- ServSafe Food Handler Program Certificate OR Food Handling Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to follow and modify recipes for quantity and taste, ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment, adaptability, decision making, customer service, oral communication, planning, problem solving, teamwork.
- Associates degree in institutional food preparation.
- Post high school on-the-job training in basic institutional food prep and cooking.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.