Hospital Aide - Skilled Nursing Facility; Full-time, Swing Unit, Kula
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of non-professional patient care duties for Health Plan members in inpatient skilled nursing facility (SNF); is responsible and accountable for assigned tasks.
- Gives input to RN for development and revision of patient care plan.
- Assists with ongoing data collection; identifies changes in patient status and reports changes to RN/LPN.
- Implements care plan; sets priorities of care with licensed staff.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers/ambulation.
- Reports evaluation to RN/LPN if outcomes are not met, if patient responses are unexpected or unusual.
- Records data and nursing care activities in medical record following Department/Unit/JCAHO standards.
- Utilizes Department and Unit forms per procedures.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Participates in assigned Quality Improvement activities.
- Reports pertinent patient data at Shift Report; reports problems to licensed staff, charge nurse or supervisor.
- Practices within Facility and Hospital standards/policies/procedures.
- Locates and uses Facility and Hospital manuals, and other reference manuals/books when necessary.
- Remains calm in emergency patient care/Unit situations; follows established protocols.
- Assists as directed during Code 500 (chest compression/runner).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Hospital Aide Training Program or documented completion of equivalent military training course.
- Basic Life Support required at hire OR CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers required at hire
- Nurse Aide Certification (Hawaii) within 3 months of hire
- Experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, and customer service.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as Hospital Aide.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest