Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Manager Ambulatory Care Department RN, Complete Care Management/Population Medicine (La Mesa)Location: La Mesa, CA Job Number: 901850 Date posted: 09/09/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience or other related clinical area experience.
- Minimum one (1) year as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. ADA RN, JC 06066 or Non RN, JC 06020)
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A current incumbent in job code 06060 (Manager Ambulatory Care Dept RN).
- Current RN license required; California RN license required by date of hire.
- CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
- Ability to work independently with other departments in a multi-disciplinary team.
Previous experience in Chronic Disease Conditions (CVD, DM, CAD, HTN, Dyslipidemia, Osteoporosis, Asthma.
Proficient in KP HealthConnect - EPIC, POINT, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!