Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Physical Therapist on call/call inLocation: Lahaina, HI Additional Locations:
Kihei Medical Offices 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, Kihei Maui,Hawaii, 96753
Wailuku Medical Offices 80 Mahalani St., 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku,Hawaii, 96793
Lani Elua Medical Offices 75 Lani Pkwy., 75 Maui Lani Pkwy., Wailuku Maui,Hawaii, 96793 Job Number: 694692 Date posted: 08/03/2018
Provides physical therapy evaluation, management, & treatment services to patients referred by physician departments. Provides services in a manner that is consistent w/department's mission statement & responsive to unique needs of customers including favorable clinical outcomes, quality of service & access, & fiscal accountability.
- Greets patient, establishes rapport, & orients patient to physical therapy.
- Conducts initial evaluation, which includes activities such as interpreting referral information, reviewing pertinent past history, documenting patient concerns, performing an appropriate examination utilizing specialized evaluation skills, initiating appropriate home exercises or dispensing appropriate equipment, establishing an initial physical therapy treatment plan, including discharge planning.
- Develops treatment plan w/guidance from applicable clinical guidelines. Treatment plan should include: problem identification, measurable short-term goals to address identified problems, desired outcome result to be achieved including functional long-term goals, timetable for patient progress & discharge, resources to be utilized to address the barriers to goal attainment, resources to be utilized to promote the continuation of good health after discharge.
- Discusses treatment plan w/patient &/or family to establish expectations. Communicates treatment plan w/referring physician, support staff, & appropriate external payor resources through appropriate documentation &/or discussion w/revisions as appropriate.
- Manages case as patient progresses through therapy w/guidance from applicable clinical guidelines, & job descriptions.
- Delegates & instructs services to be rendered by clinical support staff, including, but not limited to, specific treatment procedures, precautions, special problems, or contraindicated procedures. Presents appropriate cases, as defined by established procedure, at patient conferences.
- Provides, or directs & supervises the physical therapy intervention consistent w/the results of the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, & plan of care.
- Provides timely review of treatment documentation, reevaluation of patient & patient's treatment goals, & revision of treatment plan when indicated. Communicates these revisions appropriately to customers & support staff.
- Establishes discharge plan to include post-discharge activities, & documents discharge summary & status. Communicates discharge plan appropriately to customers & support staff.
- Participates in program development initiatives to include formal initiation & development of clinics & protocols that are data-driven & customized to needs of referring physician.
- Demonstrates innovation & open & flexible attitude in working w/ program change & addressing customer needs.
- Exercises positive listening & communication skills & is good team player as perceived by customers, supervisors, peers, & clinical & administrative support staff.
- Participates in problem solving by developing viable options which address identified problem & are consistent w/departmental goals.
- Demonstrates working knowledge & appropriate application of CPT-4 codes for all services provided. Keeps abreast of coding modifications &/or definitions (e.g.attends ongoing coding training sessions).
- Demonstrates evidence of professional growth through active participation in following: quality improvement activities, patient conferences, peer review of charts, meetings, in-services, & rounds, research & teaching, continuing education courses, staff training, clinical preceptorships w/ students & volunteers.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Bachelor's degree in physical therapy from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii Physical Therapist license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Ability to physically assist patients in performing functional tasks and therapeutic exercises.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, group process facilitation, teaching, customer service, self-motivation/initiative, creativity/innovation, and teamwork.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience in area applying for (i.e., acute care, skilled care facility, sub acute care, outpatient).
- Doctor's degree in physical therapy.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.