Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Echocard Techno ILocation: Lancaster, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 733953 Date posted: 10/17/2018
Under general supervision, performs echocardiograph procedures and prepares study for interpretation by cardiologist. Reviews data and may confer with the appropriate medical personnel. Reviews medical record to identify significant medical history. Supports the philosophy and complies with policies and procedures of the organization at the Cardiology Department.
- Performs diagnostic studies to include 2-D, M-Mode, Doppler, color flow mapping, Stress.
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograms.
- Record and maintain a daily log and files of studies performed.
- Aids in preparation of records for interpretation, collection, and distribution of diagnostic data and reports.
- Ensure equipment is operational and available for procedures.
- Participate in developing and conducting in-service programs and patient care classes.
- Performs echocardiograph procedures, obtains necessary images, prepares study for interpretation by cardiologist, reviews data, and may confer with appropriate medical personnel.
- Lift patients.
- Restrain or support patient during procedures.
- Other procedures include Echocardiogram, Stress Test, and ultrasonic examinations. Schedule, cancel or reschedule patient appointments.
- Review patient records from medical information.
- File information in patient chats.
- Obtain patient signature on consent forms.
- Record diagnostic test results.
- Assist patients with personal correspondence needs.
- Record and chart patient data.
- Prepare set-up sheets for physicians/therapists.
- Submit chart worksheets.
- Interview patients and collect patient data.
- Review patient charts to evaluate patients and identify significant conditions.
- Compile data for quality assurance.
- Prepare exam results for interpretation by physicians.
- Read and/or interpret tracings and note findings.
- Read and assess diagnostic test abnormalities.
- Perform accurate measurements and calculations on diagnostic test procedures.
- Ensure equipment is available for procedures and examinations.
- Inventory and replenish equipment and supplies.
- Assemble/disassemble equipment and interments.
- Calibrate and adjust equipment in preparation for and during procedures.
- Load paper and tape into computer printer.
- Deliver and return equipment.
- Operate ultrasound equipment including B-mode and real-time equipment.
- Operate mobile ultrasound equipment.
- Operate equipment and reduce data from invasive (cardiac catheterization) and non-invasive diagnostic techniques.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Monitor and evaluate test readings during procedures.
- Prepare and position patients for diagnostic test and medical procedures.
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas.
- Take, record, and monitor patient vital signs.
- Assist physician during ultrasound examinations.
- Attach EKG electrode leads.
- Perform echocardiograph diagnostic procedures.
- Treat patients using continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Assist physician in locating tumors.
- Assist in cardiac procedures.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Please refer to Job Description for full list of duties and responsibilities.
Pay Grade: 26
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in echocardiography with Doppler.
- Graduate of an accredited echocardiography program or equivalent on the job training. - Registered or registry eligible in echocardiography.
- Maintain current licensure/certifications required.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of echocardiograph equipment and procedures. .
- Ability to maneuver echocardiograph equipment which may exceed 500 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Need to have previous echo experience with adults and congential.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.