Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Mammography Radiologic Technologist ILocation: Lancaster, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774087 Date posted: 03/11/2019
- Conducts a patient interview to attain full understanding of procedure & ultimately obtaining consent of the patient. Assists with orientation & training of students & other Radiologic Technologists in all aspects of positioning, compression, exposure factors, film processing & quality assurance/control.
- Positions patients for mammography images. Accurately position patients including those with implants, taking into consideration body habitus & location of lesion. Utilizes & selects precise positioning techniques involved with additional/special views such as magnification, compression relative to the patient's condition or findings seen on images.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of, & ability to perform required mammography Q.C. for mammography according to the requirements of the State of CA & Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) Utilizes mammography equipment appropriately to perform Q.C. Functions.
- Observes Reg'l & dept safety policies.
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served. Assesses data reflective of the patient's status & interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs & provides the care needed in accordance with department policy. Adjusts technical factors relative to the requirements of the study. Modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the patient's physical & cognitive abilities with special consideration to the nature of the procedure & the patient's ability & willingness to cooperate under the tense circumstances. To the extent possible, positions patients in such a way as to avoid as much discomfort as possible. Stays in continual contact with any disoriented or confused patient.
- Exercises clinical judgment within the scope of practice. Consults with the radiologist or other clinician for purposes of clarifying orders & questionable images/structure. Selects alternate or additional views appropriately relative to the patient's condition or findings seen on the images. Produces high quality diagnostic images that (1) are free from artifacts or blurred images caused by motion.; (2) demonstrate the area(s) of interest (3) exhibit the optimum contrast/exposure needed to differentiate various types of normal
& abnormal tissue ( e.g., mammary, muscle, fat, lymph).
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive & accurate manner & maintains documentation as required by ACR, MQSA, State of CA Dept. of Public Health (CDPH).
- Completes & signs the standard consultation form and/or the processing of imaging records
accurately & immediately following each procedure.
- Accurately documents all pertinent information regarding mammography & clinical breast examinations.
- May be required to perform routine radiographic examinations as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Consistently supports compliance & the Principles of Responsibility by maintaining the privacy & confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting ethics & integrity, reporting non-compliance, & adhering to applicable fed, state
& local laws & regulation, accreditation & licenser requirements (if applicable), & KP's policies & procedures.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employee.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent experience (within the last twelve (12) months)as a Radiologic Technologist including the performance of routine mammographic examinations/procedures in an acute care medical center, outpatient breast center or other FDA-certified facility.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Valid and current certificate in Mammography issued by the California State Department of Health Services, Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH).
- Valid and current certificate as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) issued by the State of California Department of Health Services (CDPH).
- Valid and current Registration as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R).
- Approved BLS.
- Maintain compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to required number and types of mammographic examinations to be performed within a specified time period; compliance with all required Continuing Education
(CEs) in Mammography.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge, principles and practices of radiologic, mammographic techniques, breast structures, anatomy, composition and pathology.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Quality Control/Assurance functions required for mammography as specified by the State of California and Mammography Quality Standards Act.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all Q.C. functions including but not limited to phantom testing, daily QC, repeat analysis, compression check, screen film contact etc. May substitute 1 year recent experience in the performance of routine mammographic with verifiable equivalent mammography training in affiliated approved schools.
- Will work every other weekend and/or rotating weekends.
- Will cover General Radiology as needed.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.