Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Psych Social Worker-MLocation: Lancaster, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769238 Date posted: 02/19/2019
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem.
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and clinical staff.
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care and license.
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and interpreting the psychological and social meaning of complaints.
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals.
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of developmental stages.
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines&all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM&CQI activities.
- Minimum two (2) years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in a related behavioral health care field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- May consider LCSW, with a Master's Degree in Social Work, job code 66536, for this position.
- Valid and current CA LMFT license required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature required.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Position may include every other/rotating weekends.
- May be filled by LCSW or LMFT.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.