Adult Psychotherapist IILargo, MD
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Adult Psychotherapist II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.
- Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.
- Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicated
- Provides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special training
- Consults regularly with psychiatrists on member care
- Communicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative care
- Prepares and submits reports on mental health activities requested
- Participates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basis
- Manages panel and practice management within departmental guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years of Post Masters clinical experience in mental health required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Masters degree in social work or counseling required
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Clinical Professional Counselor License (Maryland) within 12 months of hire OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Certified (Maryland) within 12 months of hire
- Professional Counselor License (Virginia) within 12 months of hire OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Virginia) within 12 months of hire OR Social Worker License (Virginia) within 12 months of hire
- Licensed Social Worker (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire OR Independent Clinical Social Worker License (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire OR Professional Counselor License (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Able to rapidly adapt to change
- Treatment planning expertise.
- Strong assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Strong individual and group therapy skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
- Efficient and effective practice management in a fast-paced clinical setting.
- Must complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred
- Experience working with Eating Disorder, OCD, and / or Borderline Personality Disorder Populations preferred.
- Child provider position requiring two evenings per week.
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.