Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Cardiac Device SpecialistLocation: Largo, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 827486 Date posted: 09/17/2019
To coordinate pacemaker and defibrillator services throughout the region to ensure delivery of quality and cost effective service to members.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Manages the pacemaker referral queue and coordinates with Medical Facility staff to schedule appointments and provides access for the Pacemaker Clinic.
- Develops and maintains a computer database of all pacemaker and defibrillator patients in the region to ensure the internalization and appropriate management of all pacemaker studies.
- Assists physicians in Diagnostic Electrophysiologic studies.
- Interprets and programs permanent pacemakers and implantable defibrillators.
- Administer Pacemaker Clinic, including development and implementation of budget, procedures, and protocols.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a professional Electrophysiology Technologist required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory and/or program coordination experience required.
- Current pacemaker and defibrillator experience required.
- Associate's degree required, OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- ACLS required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.