Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
CT TechnologistLocation: Largo, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 740270 Date posted: 10/16/2018
- Greets patient, confirms image to be taken, explains procedure to patient, and is sensitive to patient's anxiety about procedure.
- Reviews patient's medical history prior to performing CT procedure and confirms that patient has signed a contrast media consent form.
- Positions patient on examination table and monitors patient's condition during examination.
- Introduces intravenous contrast material as directed by radiologist.
- Controls and adjusts CT equipment to assure that images meet requirements.
- Maintains equipment and examination room, stores film, and keeps inventory of related supplies.
- Prepares patient information files showing patient's name, date of CT examination, referring physician, and nature of examination.
- Prepares and submits reports showing the number and type of examinations.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO OTHER DCSM CENTERS
- One (1) year of experience as a CT Technologist or registry eligible ARRT advanced certification in CT required; however, for new hires in classification, certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Two (2) years of recent experience as a Radiological technologist with ARRT required.
- Graduate of a certified/accredited ARRT program required.
- Specialized training in computerized tomography required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology required.
- ARRT advanced certification in CT required or within 12 months of employment for new hires.
- Licensed in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- Venipuncture competency checks off or must acquire competency check off within 3 months of hire.
- BLS certification required.
- Current on CEUs with ARRT required.
- Required to stand, push, pull and lift patients.
- Position requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and attend to tasks for 20 to 45 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to adjust routine to accommodate patient or department without affecting departmental flow.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- May be required to lift objects heavier then 50 pounds, perform difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills, walk and stand for prolonged periods, see objects closely and hear normal sounds with some background noises.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Knowledge of customer focused service requirements of the organization.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with members and coworkers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.