Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
GI Endoscopy TechnicianLocation: Largo, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 861564 Date posted: 02/12/2020
Assists gastroenterologists and providers to conduct invasive diagnostic procedures. Cleans, disinfects, and prepares equipment used for procedures as needed.
- Assists gastroenterologist and providers to perform diagnostic and minor medical procedures.
- Washes, inspects, decontaminates and maintains equipment following established infection control procedures.
- Prepares equipment and supplies needed for scheduled procedures.
- Assist in patient flow; providing support as necessary.
- Maintain general stock levels within the department.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Must have at least 1 year experience with Advanced Endoscopy Procedures and Pulmonary Procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a GI Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS (from the American Heart Association) certification required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- GI certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.