A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
Optometrist Med GroupLocation: Largo, MD Additional Locations:
Camp Springs Medical Center 6104 Old Branch Ave., 6104 Old Branch Ave., Temple Hills,Maryland, 20748
Marlow Heights Medical Center 5100 Auth Wy., 5100 Auth Wy., Suitland,Maryland, 20746 Job Number: 782183 Date posted: 04/03/2019
- Examines patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques.
- Diagnoses visual diseases, disorders, and deficiencies and prescribes treatment according to the laws of the State of Maryland, District, or Commonwealth.
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses.
- Determines visual requirements of the partially sighted. Prescribes low-vision aids such as telescopic and microscopic lenses, magnifiers, and other optical devices to aid low-vision patients.
- In the state or jurisdiction in which licensed or under the standing orders of a physician, uses diagnostic pharmaceutical agents to detect and diagnose ocular pathology. Uses examination techniques to determine ocular signs of systemic diseases and medications.
- Refers patients to other appropriate Kaiser Permanente providers as needed for further evaluation and treatment.
- Participates in departmental and educational meetings including peer review activities within the department and medical facility.
- Consults regularly with internal medicine, pediatrics, and ophthalmology on patient care issues.
- Assists in implementing eye care in-service education programs for medical center staff and at patient education seminars.
- Under the standing orders of a physician and in co-management with an ophthalmologist, evaluates and manages stated anterior segment disorders.
Basic Qualifications: Education
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience or successful completion of accredited optometry residency program.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required.
License, Certification, Registration
- License in good standing in State of Maryland, District of Columbia, or Virginia required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS required.
- Accredited residency in Optometry preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an interdisciplinary health care environment preferred or successful completion of accredited residency program.
- Accredited residency in Optometry preferred.- Accredited residency in Optometry preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.