Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Surgical Physician Assistant Robotics UrologyLocation: Largo, MD Job Number: 918963 Date posted: 11/21/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management, and care of pre and post operative patients. Develop comprehensive plan of care and review with supervising physician. Order appropriate tests and treatments. Interpret test results and document appropriately. Prescribe medications as indicated.
- Perform minor procedures such as insertion of foley catheters, cystometrogram (CMG), Uroflow & measurement of post-void residual Urine (PVR).
- Assist in surgical rounds at hospital.
- Assist Surgeon during surgical procedure by carrying out surgical functions in order to ensure optimal results to the patient.
- Regularly review the PSA tracking and intermittent hormone therapy for prostate cancer program and manage treatment of patients in the tracking program.
- Participate in patient education specific to surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
- Refer patients to supervising physician or, with physician agreement, to other health/ professionals as appropriate.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and revising medical/surgical protocols.
- Participate in current and future departmental research projects.
- Participate in training of staff and students as necessary or indicated.
- Integrate the principles of patient safety and quality care into daily practice.
- Perform other related duties as directed and within scope of practice.
- Experience assisting in surgery is mandatory.
- Graduation from an accredited PA program.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- State licensure valid in jurisdiction where assigned.
- Current or pending prescription authority including DEA&CLS required if authorized to prescribe controlled substances.
- Board Certification from NCCPA - renewed every 6 years.
- Current ACLS certification from American Heart Association.
- Written practice agreement with a supervising physician (on file in the Kaiser Permanente.
- Physician Professional Quality Assurance Office (PPQA) and the appropriate State Board.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS required.
- The practitioner will be assigned to a specific location every day depending on surgical cases (i.e., at hospitals and ASC) and clinic need which will be determined by the Area Service Chief.
- Location assignments will be made monthly whenever possible, according to access needs; assignment sites may be changed on short notice.
- This is a physically and emotionally demanding job requiring significant commitment to learning new skills as well as prolonged standing (up to six (6) hours at an operation table).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!