Licensed Practical Nurse -Clinic I (Meds) -Kauai -Clinic Admin-Primary CareLihue, Hawaii
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Licensed Practical Nurse -Clinic I (Meds) -Kauai -Clinic Admin-Primary Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under direction of Registered Nurse and medical orders of the Practitioner, provides direct and indirect nursing care in outpatient setting. In addition, orients and serves as a resource to LPN Clinic/Meds I as needed.
- Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation, or abnormal/unusual data.
- Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments, immunizations and medications as prescribed by practitioner; prepares medications for practitioner to use; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray, and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients.
- Documents implementation of orders/interventions; records findings, instructions, and patient responses on appropriate forms or on-line records using department and/or JCAHO standards.Observes patients/familys responses to plan of care; reports unexpected responses to RN or practitioners; collaborates with RN/Practitioner to revise care plan when needed.
- Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested. In addition, coordinates projects as requested.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care/clinic situation; follows established procedures; informs appropriate practitioner/RN.
- Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Follows discharge plan developed by Practitioner or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns.
- Manages all patient vaccine data, including updating Hawaii Immunization Registry System (HIR), Electronic Health Records (EHR), and all patient and/or external records at each patient visit. Readies any available immunization information prior to the time of visit with the provider.
- Stores and administers immunizations according to Health plan and VFC guidelines. Identifies patient immunization requirements in accordance with age specific guidelines per CDC.Fills out appropriate immunization paperwork for recording purposes. Facilitates vaccine Health Plan and VFC inventory control at assigned clinic. Ordering vaccine and maintaining appropriate vaccine inventories.
- Utilizes file maintenance to ensure newly arrived vaccines are entered in the EHR lot manager system as needed. Assures immunization clinics comply per health plan, federal and state guidelines - i.e., compliance with Health department site visits. Complete annual VFC enrollment training requirements and forms.Maintain all records related to the VFC program per program guidelines.
- Trains new and existing LPNs on emergency vaccine storage procedures. Serves as a liaison with the state to coordinate VFC (vaccines for children) inventory. Generates reports on patients and contacts them for immunization compliance and updates as needed.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with infection control policies and protocols and follows medication administration, storage procedures, Health plan CDC, State and federal VFC program guidelines.Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN/Practitioner to revise teaching plan when needed.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel. Orients and serves as a resource to LPNs and unlicensed personnel as needed; demonstrates and instructs other team members in use of vendor specific products and /or department/unit standards and procedures. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization. Performs clean/sterile technique, sets up for procedures, assists with clinical procedure within department scope.
- Follow the recommended process for handling point of use instruments as outlined by the High-Level Disinfection Committee.
- Maintain, order, organize, rotate, and stock supplies. Schedule patients for routine care, acute care, and addressing care gaps. Prepares and processes patient forms.
- OHS only: Certification in Spirometry, Hearing Conservation, & Substance Abuse Specimen Collection or acquire certification within one year of hire.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned within scope.
- Twelve (12) months (2080 hours) LPN experience.
- Hawaii State Board of Nursing approved curriculum for LPN licensure.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Hawaii) required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Acute care nursing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.