Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff RNLocation: Lithonia, GA Job Number: 920067 Date posted: 11/19/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient & Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork & Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients w/in his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, & develop, implement & evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. 43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses & triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies & others using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient & work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of safe & effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality & service & as a resource, coach & mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Initiates & monitors IV therapy, administration of medications & other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists w/ procedures & nursing care w/in scope of practice & skill. Monitors patients' response during & after the procedure.
- Manages electronic messaging & e-mail related to patient & provider requests & inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate through triage & direct response to the member w/in scope of practice &/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations & initiate appropriate nursing interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment & staff knowledge & skill.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions & patient response according to established guidelines & policies.
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals, scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions, obtain & integrate lab, x-ray & other results, & manage physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners w/ team to provide excellent customer service, respond to patient issues & complaints & initiate service recovery procedure.
- Assesses patient & family health education needs, provides health teaching & counseling & evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions & coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS & improvement activities.
- Demonstrates professional behavior & appearance at all times.
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of RN experience.
- Successful completion of accredited RN School of Nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelor's (BSN) degree.
PRN RN for South Service Area. Primary locations to float to Stonecrest, Conyers, and Panola with possibility of floating to the rest of the locations within the South Service Area.
Panola Medical Offices, 5440 Hillandale Dr., Lithonia,Georgia, 30058
Southwood Medical Offices I, 2400 Mt. Zion Pkwy., Jonesboro,Georgia, 30236
Southwood Specialties, 2470 Mt. Zion Pkwy., Jonesboro,Georgia, 30236
Newnan Medical Offices, 203 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan,Georgia, 30265
Fayette Medical Offices, 101 Banks Station, Fayetteville,Georgia, 30214
Conyers Medical Offices, 1478 Dogwood Dr. SE Ste. B and C, Conyers,Georgia, 30013 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 8:30 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: GUP|UFCW|Local 1996 Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Nursing Licensed Department: Primary Care Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!