Facilities Services & Materials Management
Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Procurement Specialist ILocation: Livermore, CA Job Number: 891347 Date posted: 08/03/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists with the development of a purchasing strategy for the Region that is consistent with the overall national and regional sourcing strategy to ensure KP receives the best value for dollars spent on products and services.
- Assists with the Manages the contract process through the five basic steps (opportunity analysis, assessment, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and implementation as well as contract administration and compliance monitoring.
- Develops summaries/reports based on contract or product utilization to support national, regional and CSA product standardization efforts. Assists with providing local contracting support for National Purchasing Organization (NPO) PO agreements including: 1.) local contract development on NCR mainframe inventory management system; 2.) assist in trend analysis and compliance monitoring ; 3.) contract updates, authorizing all changes, additions and deletions; and, 4.) assists contract implementation support.
- Conducts opportunity analysis for smaller prospective contracts and defines and assesses appropriate venue for contracting (i.e., regionally or nationally). Independently approves smaller contracts/purchases.
- Develops and negotiates smaller contracts for products and services not contracted through the NPO including establishing terms and conditions, analyzing trends, maintaining contract data and providing contract expertise to the region, CSAs and facilities.
- Builds and manages relationships with key suppliers that create opportunities for both companies through positive incentives and maximize value added services to KP.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a combination of purchasing, contracting, materiel management, finance or other related areas - health care. (A substantial portion of this time in the preferred field.)
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of contracts/contracting methods including RFI/RFP development, proposal evaluation, bidding practices and shared risk agreements.
- Knowledge of products/services and their market environment within the scope of the Regions procurement and logistics program.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications with the ability to develop complex spreadsheets and write business communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Electronic database development experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, materiel management, economics or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Working toward a professional certification such as a Certified Purchasing Manager ( CPM) preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!