Instrument Technician II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
5K Sign on Eligible!
SEIU Local 105: $21.05 - $22.98
May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.
Supports all local medical facilities that utilize surgical instruments by appropriately and safely processing and distributing equipment, instruments and supplies to maximize efficiency and safety. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Decontaminates, disassembles and reassembles, and sterilizes via appropriate techniques, a wide variety of routine and specialized surgical instruments.
- Utilizes Intelligent Instrumentation Management Computer system to track instruments throughout the local facilities.
- Inventories and restock departmental supplies including instruments, sterilization chemicals and other related items, which requires occasion lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience cleaning and sterilizing instruments.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution - Technician Certification within 6 months of hire from Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Knowledgeable of a wide variety of sterilization routine and specialized instruments.
- Experience in operating personal computers.
SPD Certification required with basic instrumentation knowledge and at least one year of Hospital or Day surgery instrument processing .