Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
SEIU Local 105 - $35.09 - $39.18
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts."
Operates radiology equipment to produce radiographic images of specified areas of the body and performs related technical x-ray procedures, in accordance with physician's orders and standard techniques, procedures or specific instructions. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems. Assists interventional radiologist with stereotactic core needle biopsies, sentinel node injections, needle localization procedures, and other related procedures.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Will perform screening, diagnostic and specialized mammography procedures.
- Instructs patient in a courteous manner regarding imaging procedures. Positions patients and operates mammographic and or radiographic equipment. Reviews images for accuracy and technical quality according to established standards. Repeats images as needed; submits images for interpretation by radiologist or designee. Practices ALARA principles and ensures proper radiation safety practices.
- Assists with procedures (example: biopsy), follows established guidelines; provides patient education; obtains informed consent as needed; documents appropriate information as required; practices sterile techniques and standard precautions. Documents all quality control as required for MQSA. Assists the radiologist with a variety of routine and complex mammography procedures to include: stereotactic biopsies, needle localizations and sentinel node injections and other related procedures. Follows established guidelines and protocols.
- Positions patient, reviews images with the radiologist to assess the area of interest, and accurately positions the digital equipment.
- Utilizes Radiology Information System (RIS), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) following established practice guidelines.
- Follows established quality assurance/quality control program. monitoring the operating condition of the equipment and accessories. Contacts service engineer and promptly reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintains inventory of supplies used, according to established levels.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and appropriately both verbally and with written communication. Demonstrates courteous and appropriate telephone skills. Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients in the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgment within scope of practice.
- May work with students and may be required to work at the reception desk or on the phones to schedule appointments.
- Performs other duties as required and may include performing radiographic procedures, both fixed and portable.
- Requires working with radiant energy sources, and with biological and/or hazardous materials.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct mammography experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year Radiologic Technology training program approved by the American Medical Association.
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Must also be registered as a Mammographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Ability to operate diagnostic and specialized radiology equipment and perform related technical.
- Critical thinking skills in a high stress environment required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills required, with a focus on patient centered care.
- Basic computer skills required.
Position may be asked to cover variable shifts at different Kaiser medical office locations, that may include weekend coverage.