Physician Assistant/Nurse PractitionerLone Tree, Colorado
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
APN:Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles.Functions include patient advocacy and the initiation and performance of nursing care and advanced clinical skillsto evaluate, diagnose, and treat human disease, pain, injury, physical or mental conditions, health maintenance and promotion, supportive and restorative care.PA:Practices medicine as delegated by andunder the supervision of a physician in accordance with accepted practice standards. Utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles.Functions include patient advocacy and the initiation and performance of medical care to evaluate, diagnose, and treat human disease, pain, injury, physical or mental conditions, health maintenance and promotion, supportive and restorative care.
• Obtains a pertinent medical history, performs an appropriate physical examination, and reviews relevant laboratory or radiologic (or other) studies to assess the patients medical, physical, psychological, and relevant socio-economic status.
• Will have full access to patient medical records and other information pertinent to those patients under his/her care.
• Formulates an accurate and appropriate diagnosis based on elicited data, and includes differential diagnoses as appropriate.
• Develops and implements treatment plans that are aligned with the practice preferences of the Collaborating/SupervisingPhysician(s) including orders for medication and/or other treatment modalities, the need for additional testing, consultation to other providers, and follow-up provisions.
• Provides care with attention to safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
• Plans are appropriately prioritized and adapted to the patient and circumstance.
• Performs procedures within the limits of their expertise and in accordance with the State Regulations and Organizational Policies.
PATIENT EDUCATION AND COUNSELING
• Educates and counsels patients and their families regarding their treatment plan, including disease prevention and health promotion.
• Promotes the availability of culturally-sensitive health and resource information that is evidence-based, patient centered, and enables informed choice.
• Documents all examination data, diagnostic impressions, appropriate codes, and other patient care activities in the medical record, including the name(s) of any consulted physicians or other providers.
• Observes the principles and techniques of Universal Precautions.
• Conducts telephonic and virtual encounters as appropriate.
• Manages assigned in-basket tasks.
• Takes necessary and appropriate actions in emergency situations.
• Performs other clinical/administrative duties as directed.
• Makes the patient the primary focus of their actions; develops and sustains productive and compassionate patient relationships.
• Leads the health care team by influence, innovation, and by modeling integrated effective patient care and exemplary service.
• Promotes and maintains a physically safe and confidential environment for care.
• Collaborates with all members of the health care team.
• Knows their personal limitations and when to seek advice and/or consultation from other members of the health care team
• Understands and acknowledges the impact of personal values and cultural differences on the patient-provider relationship.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competence through participation in continuing education and other activities.
• Maintains professional certification and active licensure.
• Participates in quality assurance activities including the Peer Review process.
• Participates in the training and/or mentoring of new employees, colleagues, and students.
• Has the quality of their care evaluated by the Collaborating/Supervising Physician(s) as stipulated by State and/or KFHP/CPMG policies.
• Evaluates personal performance and establishes annual goals aligned with KFHP regional expectations.
• Maintains a working knowledge of, and complies with relevant (Federal, State, and/or Organizational) laws, rules, and policies; including licensure and certification. Educates and promotes the roles of the APN/PA to patients and members of the health care team.
• Must obtain and remain credentialed by the Colorado Permanente Medical Group by start date.
• For positions requiring the administration of procedural sedation, ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within ninety (90) days of hire.
- For APNs:
- • Masters Degree in Nursing
- • Graduation from an accredited graduate nursing program approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
- For PAs:
- • Bachelors Degree required.
- • Graduation from a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Physician Assistant License (Colorado) OR Pathologist's Assistant Certificate from National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants
- Advanced Practice Nurse Registration (Colorado) OR Nurse Practitioner-Family Certification OR Nurse Practitioner National Certificate OR Nurse Practitioner-Pediatrics Certification OR Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration
- Basic Life Support within 3 months of hire
- • Must obtain and remain credentialed by the Colorado Permanente Medical Group by start date.
- • For positions requiring the administration of procedural sedation, ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within ninety (90) days of hire.
- 2 year ENT experience preferred
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.