LPN - Urology (27 Hours)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Prepares & organizes patient's office visit from known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g., diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside reports, etc.) & order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time
- Perform focused/limited nursing assessment & triage on routine or self-limiting medical conditions as directed by RN/clinician. Recognize when to defer to and/or assist w/comprehensive assessment for complex medical conditions by RN/clinician
- Utilizes standardized tools (e.g., PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify & address health maintenance/care gaps w/patient & alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention
- Recognize signs & symptoms of common & routine medical conditions/illnesses, abnormal verses new/existing & implements planned nursing & medical interventions as delegated by RN/clinician
- Contribute to the development, implementation or modification of the individualized patient's plan of care under the direction of the RN/clinician
- Prepares patient for actual visit/procedure prior to clinician's exam during rooming-in process
- Assures exam/procedures room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms & educational materials are available & ready for using during visit/procedure. Checks equipment are in safe working order & cleans room after use
- Provides health teaching/education or advice on routine or self-limiting medical conditions, procedures, tests, surgeries, self-injections, etc
- Utilize standardized tools determine patient's level of engagement in self-care as directed by RN
- Used KP HealthConnect & information systems to document all pertinent data & outcomes of nursing care according to standardized procedures & policies such as & not limited to the use of SBAR, SOAP or APIE, KP HealthConnect smarttools, etc. Update demographic/historical clinical data gathered in electronic medical records
- Perform diagnostic test, therapies & procedures within scope of practice competently & w/maintenance of proficiency according to: a)specific department standards on core clinical tasks (see department's list of core skills); b) application of knowledge & skills appropriate to development age of patient; and c) established policies such as & not limited to patient safety, aseptic & sterile techniques & infection control
• Current LPN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within 6 months of hire.
• Health Care Provider level BLS certification
• Demonstrated clinical nursing skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills (Assessment required for external candidates)
• Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
• Demonstrated literacy in using computers and keyboarding
• Skills in problem-solving, setting priorities and using good judgment for decisions
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in assigned department's clinical area (e.g., Pediatrics, FP/IM, OB/Gyn, Surgery, Allergy, Dermatology, Urology, etc.) within an ambulatory care setting
• IV therapy experience or recent certification
• Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system
• Current working knowledge & clinical skills in providing routine care, education & advice in assigned department's clinical area OR successful completion of appropriate competencies for assigned primary/specialty care department
- Primary Departments: HNS & Urology