Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Area Pharmacy Director -West LALocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 767877 Date posted: 02/13/2019
Leads the planning, development, and implementation of Medical Center strategic initiatives in Pharmacy Operations. Areas of responsibility include quality, utilization, finance, day-to-day operations, service, and human resources for Medical Center Pharmacy Operations. Integrates those activities with divisional pharmacy strategic initiatives and goals, as well as general Medical Center operations. Develops strong collaborative leadership relationship with KFHP/H leadership teams and the Medical Group to achieve regional and division goals. Participates with peers to ensure the rapid transfer of best practices.
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of Medical Center Pharmacy Operations, both In and Out-patient
- Supports and directs the implementation of divisional pharmacy strategic initiatives and goals
- Partners with medical staff and other care providers to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective pharmaceutical care
- Provides ongoing leadership and direction to enhance member service
- Provides leadership and direction to the Medical Center pharmacy personnel
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Medical Center pharmacy operating and capital budgets
- Responsible for all pharmacy activities, including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical role expansion, retail business expansion, performance measurement, employee development, regulatory compliance, and multi-disciplinary team development
- Responsible for all Medical Center pharmacy activities, including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical role expansion, retail business expansion, performance measurement, employee development, regulatory compliance and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Provides leadership and collaboration within and outside of pharmacy operations, including the medical staff, nursing staff, ancillary care providers, customer/member services, marketing, external affairs, divisional pharmacy operations, community providers, other Medical Center pharmacy leaders, and the Medical Center Leadership team
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent state and federal regulations
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in an integrated delivery system or multi-facility hospital system.
- Pharmacy degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current, valid license as a Pharmacist in the State of California required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and others through influence and collaboration across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, and group dynamics as well as project management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations such as TJC, Title 22, Federal HMO Act, Knox-Keene Act, applicable MediCal and Medicare regulations and State Board of Pharmacy Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all facets of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Frequent travel within California is required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in pharmacy, management, health services or business administration preferred.
- PR# MT-2314
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.