Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Assistant Director Food & Nutrition ServicesLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 846393 Date posted: 12/02/2019
- Plans, develops, controls and coordinates the provision of nutritional services including professional services, nutrition care services, in- and out-patient feeding and computer nutrition programs.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Acts as a key liaison with professional staff (physicians, nurse managers, pharmacists, and other Kaiser staff) to ensure open communications regarding patient food services and nutritional care services.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, departmental safety, and risk management issues for area of responsibility.
- Actively participates in the Service Area and departmental quality assurance programs and ensures quality care of members, patients, and staff by the continuous monitoring and improvement of related activities.
- Collaborates with the other Service Area Assistant Directors to plan, integrate, and coordinate provision of products and services for all customer groups.
- Collaborates with the management team in developing short and long range goals and objectives for the Food and Nutrition Services Department that complement the Service Area and Medical Center Strategic Plan.
- Manages activities of assigned staff to include staffing, recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, performance evaluation, counseling, and disciplining.
- Assists in planning and development of departmental operating and capital budgets, monitors payroll and non-payroll expenditures for Nutrition Services.
- Ensures on-going compliance of all services with TJC, Title 22, and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a clinical setting.
- Minimum one (1) year in a management and/or a supervisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in food and/or nutrition science.
License, Certification, Registration
- A Registered Dietitian per Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of clinical competencies based on nutritional care standards of the American Dietetics Association, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, and relevant practice groups.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computerized food service management systems in the provision of patient care required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.