Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care Department - Cardiac Cath LabLocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 885934 Date posted: 08/31/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises daily operations and ensures staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, and federal, state and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant healthcare experience required OR minimum two (2) years in leadership capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with electronic health record as indicated within six months of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- ACLS, BLS, and PALS, required.
- ARRT/ California Flouro Permit Required
- Clinical specialization in area of Cardiac Cath Lab. Clinic experience preferred.
- Experienced clinical leader in high volume, complex Cardiac Cath Lab and Structural Heart environment.
- Enthusiastic and innovative individual with demonstrated skills on team building.
- Able to demonstrate strong partnership with physicians, staff, Labor and Senior leaders.
- Experience with completed Performance Improvement projects preferred.
- Program management and education experience.
- Will provide education to the Department staff.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!