Assistant Manager, RN Labor and Delivery FT Nights
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises the delivery of nursing services and patient care within one unit(s) which are integrated with business and department plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that unit(s) services meet members', physician and internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 or more employees or more than one smaller unit.
- Ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures, utilization and clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care within the unit.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the unit(s); monitors quality service and utilization standards; supervises shift(s) activities and delivery of patient care.
- Supervises unit(s) day- to- day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development and the delivery of patient care.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s) personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit(s) to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models developed in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care.
- Supervises the daily unit(s) operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department required including one (1) year of leadership experience.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a relevant field required or completion of a relevant bachelor's degree within two (2) years of hire.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, JCAHO and other federal, state and local regulatory requirements interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
Eligible for Sign-On Bonus