Assistant Nurse Manager, Med Surg Telemetry PD Nights 12hrsLos Angeles, California
Our nurse leaders maintain a strong commitment to the highest standards of professional nursing practice and to sustain a culture of excellence. You will encourage your teams to use evidence-based practice to deliver high-quality patient care, contribute to research, and spread innovation beyond Kaiser Permanente. Backed by the resources of one of the nation’s largest health care providers, you’ll motivate and inspire your team to achieve goals, value individual contributions, and celebrate accomplishments in meaningful ways while realizing your own potential as a leader.
- Job Type: Per Diem
- Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Supportive Team & Resources
Career Growth & Development
Our Nurse Leaders cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. Together, we pursue lifelong learning in the belief that it expands our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. We participate in research to inform our evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities, and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes the understanding of our members’ needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem-solving, and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Ghada, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, CENP
SCAL Regional Director
Patient Care Services
“So proud to be a Kaiser Permanente nurse leader. Despite all the challenges we experienced with the pandemic, we remained true to our mission to provide safe, quality care to our patients and members, and continue to encourage our employees to grow and develop professionally. I have completed my Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing and lead with an exceptional team. There are boundless opportunities here.”
Gertrude, RN, BSN, MSA
Administrative Service Director
“Kaiser Permanente has a mission of providing affordable health care not just for our members, but also the community — which is a passion of mine. I consider myself very fortunate to work for an organization that values their employees. As a nurse leader, I LOVE what I do! We provide endless possibilities for growth and professional development.”
Michele, JD, MBA, RN
Nursing Professional Development and
“Kaiser Permanente provides its nurse leaders with opportunities to innovate and thrive in an evidence-based practice that’s advancing the science of nursing and embracing a culture of excellence.”
Philidah, MSN, RN
Sr. Director of Nursing
“It’s a privilege to work for Kaiser Permanente. They support nurses through a variety of learning opportunities, from self-paced learning to leadership courses and stretch assignments. It enables equitable opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.”
Assistant Medical Center Administrator
“I’m incredibly grateful for the support I received from Kaiser Permanente. I would not be where I am right now without the mentoring from outstanding leaders, the strong relationships I built with my team, and the partnership with other departments.”
Assistant Nurse Manager
“I’m in my first position here, but I’ve already had the opportunity to be part of the Magnet Journey, quality and safety committees, and co-chair Professional Nursing Excellence Council. Kaiser Permanente continues to help me grow through leadership training programs like Activate and stretch assignments.”
“Kaiser Permanente has many resources and tools to help us grow professionally. We have courses and financial aid for individuals who choose to advance.I love being a leader because I love to encourage, inspire, and develop my team. I also embrace challenges and enjoy collaborating in projects that positively impact our members.”
Department Manager RN
“Kaiser Permanente allows me to focus on preventive health care, which contrasts with my acute care background. I appreciate the preventive care services that we offer our members and the different forms of communication based on personal preference.”
Assistant Nurse Manager, Med Surg Telemetry PD Nights 12hrs
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises the delivery of nursing services and patient care within one unit(s) which are integrated with business and department plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that unit(s) services meet members', physician and internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 or more employees or more than one smaller unit.
- Ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures, utilization and clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care within the unit.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the unit(s); monitors quality service and utilization standards; supervises shift(s) activities and delivery of patient care.
- Supervises unit(s) day-to-day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development and the delivery of patient care.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s) personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit(s) to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models developed in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care.
- Supervises the daily unit(s) operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department (e.g., emergency nursing, medical surgical) required including one (1) year of leadership experience.
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required or completion of a relevant Bachelor's degree within 2 years of hire.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, TJC and other federal, state and local regulatory requirements interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- ACLS certification preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Recognized for Excellence
Recognized for excellence again
We're proud to share that for the second year in a row, 100% (39 of 39) of our hospitals rated high-performing (top 20% in the nation) for at least 1 of the 35 measures in the U.S. News & World Report. Seventeen of our hospitals ranked among their state's Top 50 and two ranked in the nation's Top 50 for a specialty.
Ensuring our members’ needs are met
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.