Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Biomed Equipment TechnicianLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 771964 Date posted: 02/11/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs and documents biomedical equipment repairs as well as tests all new and repaired biomedical equipment before it is put into use.
- Performs and documents scheduled inspections and maintenance, as well as electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment necessary to maintain conformance to code requirements.
- Investigates and recommends remedial action on incidents involving biomedical equipment.
- Ensures that an inventory of biomedical equipment, replacement parts and standby equipment necessary to minimize disruption of patient care is maintained.
- Assists in training medical, nursing and paramedical staff in the safe use of biomedical equipment.
- Provides technical support on new and replacement biomedical equipment and reviews work performed by outside service vendors to ensure defined specifications are met and results are properly documented.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in biomedical equipment and systems, as required.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members and the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of electronic medical repair experience.
- Associate of Applied Science degree in electronics technology OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.