Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
CDRC III- M-PDLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Wateridge Mental Health/Mbr Services 5105 Goldleaf, 5105 Goldleaf Cir., Los Angeles,California, 90056
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Medical Offices 4081 Marlto, 4081 Marlton Ave., Los Angeles,California, 90008 Job Number: 782009 Date posted: 04/16/2019
Provides Chemical Dependency services and psychotherapy to adults, adolescents, significant others of CD patients, and families under indirect supervision.
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services, general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Provides higher level assessment (e.g. other, non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include individual and group counseling services.
- Provides Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and Multi-Family therapy as assigned.
- Provides case management services to include resource and referral coordination.
- May perform mentor functions/clinical direction to CDRP/S Counselors I and II, student interns, licensure candidates and Alcohol or Drug Certificate candidates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years post graduate relevant supervised clinical experience in the field of chemical dependency treatment.
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other field related to behavioral health.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid LMFT license issued by the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- May consider LCSW, with a master's degree in social work, job code 10003, for this position.
- Coverage for Monday through Saturday variable hours from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Possible other locations in West LA including Culver Marina MOB, Wateridge Mental health office or Baldwin Hills Crenshaw MOB.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.