Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory
Putting Integrity Into Practice
Promoting honesty and integrity across our daily actions and interactions, our compliance, privacy, and regulatory professionals provide the guidance and resources to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Compliance Practice Specialist (LA)Location: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 922886 Date posted: 11/20/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Recognized content expert in area relevant to the work of the department. Oversees project work and staff on work related to area of expertise. Responsible for providing relevant content expertise to project leads and staff in support of project work. Builds and maintains key relationships with clients and departmental staff as appropriate. Acts as thought partner to project managers and provides expert advice on specific area of expertise. Provides delivery of high quality and cost-effective consulting services/products to issues of key organizational importance.
- Effectively leads project team on work related to specific area of expertise.
- Serves as a content expert for responsible area of expertise.
- Provides assistance and advice to others in support of project work.
- May provide expert consultation to multiple projects at any given time.
- Effectively interfaces with clients to reach mutually acceptable agreements around project scope, objectives, deliverables, timeframes, and outcomes.
- Effectively facilitates interactions with clients and stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the department and organization.
- Develops clear project plan that allows teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Monitors plan on an ongoing basis and proactively adjusts, as necessary, to resolve barriers and/or issues.
- Proactively identifies links between specialty work and broader organizational priorities and goals.
- Identifies areas where specialty expertise may enhance work of department.
- Effectively recognizes opportunities to enhance project work and/or achieve desired objectives by collaborating with staff outside their area of expertise and acts accordingly.
- Contributes to a team environment that encourages collaboration, supports receiving and providing feedback and encourages participation from all levels of staff.
- Adapts management style as appropriate to meet needs of a particular situation or team resulting in optimal performance.
five (5) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, operations research, public health, health administration or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in managing project staff including administration of departmental policies and guidelines, project based performance reviews and coaching.
- Demonstrated expertise in a field of relevant to the work of the department.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of computer applications and knowledge of data systems.
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation.
- Demonstrates ability to work with various partners including Medical Group and/or Labor Partners.
- Demonstrated understanding and general knowledge of healthcare industry and health policy trends.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, economics, operations research, public health, health administration or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the operations and/or business of Kaiser Permanente preferred.
Panorama City Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Job Category: Compliance / Privacy / Regulatory Department: SCAL Ethics & Compliance Office Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
We've established a comprehensive, world-class compliance, privacy, and regulatory program, giving you the chance to make a difference in the lives of millions. As a member of this team, you'll engage with internal stakeholders to foster an environment of safety and trust for our members, physicians, and employees alike.
Helping to establish and maintain an effective compliance program, you'll ensure that we operate according to the highest ethical standards and follow all applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures. Everything we do — from developing policies and training to protecting privacy and security — reinforces our commitment to our members, regulators, and the communities we serve.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!