Imaging & Radiology
Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Diagnostic Imaging Tech-Mammo I - Per DiemLocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 899055 Date posted: 09/29/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under general supervision, operates dedicated and specialized mammography radiographic equipment; formulates/calculates techniques and positions patients to produce diagnostic images of normal and abnormal human breast and associated tissue and related unusual changes for the use by physicians in making medical diagnoses. Within established/recognized scope of practice, uses independent judgment in critiquing radiographs and images, recognizing normal from abnormal tissue and taking additional required views such as magnification.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws
- Operates dedicated and complex mammography equipment in a patient care setting for the purpose of obtaining definitive diagnosis for positive findings on a mammogram
- Selects correct technical factors relative to the requirements of the study and the patient's age, body habitus and pathology
- Consistently processes radiographic images properly, utilizing automated equipment
- Critiques image and makes necessary adjustments in technical factors, patient positioning, etc
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and consistently uses, proper sterile techniques, and/or proper infection control technique
- Conducts a patient interview to attain full understanding of procedure and ultimately obtaining consent of the patient
- Assists with orientation and training of students and other Radiologic Technologists in all aspects of positioning, compression, exposure factors, film processing and quality assurance/control
- Positions patients for mammography images
- Accurately position patients including those with implants, taking into consideration body habitus and location of lesion
- Utilizes and selects precise positioning techniques involved with additional/special views such as magnification, compression relative to the patient's condition or findings seen on images
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to perform required mammography Q.C. for mammography according to the requirements of the State of California and Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)
- Performs accurate calibration of mammographic equipment
- Observes Regional and department safety policies
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served
- Assesses data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs and provides the care needed in accordance with department policy
- Adjusts technical factors relative to the requirements of the study
- Modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the patient's physical and cognitive abilities with special consideration to the nature of the procedure and the patient's ability and willingness to cooperate under the tense circumstances
- To the extent possible, positions patients in such a way as to avoid as much discomfort as possible
- Stays in continual contact with any disoriented or confused patient
- Exercises clinical judgment within the scope of practice
- Consults with the radiologist or other clinician for purposes of clarifying orders and questionable images/structure.
- Selects alternate or additional views appropriately relative to the patient's condition or findings seen on the images.
Pay Grade: 26
- Minimum one (1) year of recent experience (within the last 12 months) as a Radiologic Technologist including the performance of routine mammographic examinations/procedures in an acute care medical center, outpatient breast center or other FDAcertified facility.
- May substitute one (1) year of recent experience in the performance of routine mammographic with verifiable equivalent mammography training in affiliated approved schools.
- Valid and current certificate in Mammography issued by the California State Department of Health Services, Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH).
- Valid and current certificate as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) issued by the State of California Department of Health Services (CDPH).
- Valid and current Registration as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R).
- American Heart Association approved BLS
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge, principles and practices of radiologic, mammographic techniques, breast structures, anatomy, composition and pathology.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Quality Control/Assurance functions required for mammography as specified by the State of California and Mammography Quality Standards Act.
- Maintain compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to required number and types of mammographic examinations to be performed within a specified time period; compliance with all required Continuing Education (CEs) in Mammography.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all Q.C. functions including but not limited to phantom testing, daily QC, repeat analysis, compression check, screen film contact etc.
- Evidence of passing the advanced certification examination in Mammography issued by the ARRT (M), preferred.
- This is an on-call position, days and hours may vary.
1505 N. Edgemont Medical Offices 1505 N. Edgemont, 1505 N. Edgemont, Los Angeles,California, 90027
East Los Angeles - Pomona Blvd. 5119 Pomona Blvd., 5119 Pomona Blvd., Los Angeles,California, 90022
Foothill Medical Offices 3280 E. Foothill Blvd., 3280 E. Foothill Blvd., Pasadena,California, 91107
Glendale Medical Offices 444 W. Glenoaks Blvd., 444 W. Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale,California, 91202 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: United Healthcare Workers - West Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Imaging / Radiology Department: Diagnostic Imaging Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!